SOCIETY OF PERIODONTISTS AND IMPLANTOLOGISTS OF KERALA
About the Journal
JSPIK accepts articles from dentists, dental specialists (any speciality) and students. The articles submitted must have relevance to the speciality of Periodontics. Authors are encouraged to submit research papers, interdisciplinary case reports, interesting case discussions, letters to editor review articles or short communications.
Articles should be type written on one side of A4 size (21x28cm) white paper in double spacing with a sufficient margin. Use a clear and concise reporting style. SPIK reserves the right to edit, manuscript, to accommodate space and style requirements. A soft copy of the article also has to be send to the editor’s email: email@example.com
• Title Page: Title page should include the title of the article and the name, degrees, positions, professional affiliations of each author. The corresponding authors, telephone, e-mail address, fax and complete mailing address must be given.
• Abstract: An abstract of the article not exceeding 200 words should be included with abbreviated title for the page head use. Abstract should state the purpose of the study, investigations, basic procedures and the main findings. 4 key words of article should be mentioned below the abstract.
• Tables: Tables should be self explanatory, numbered in roman numbers, according to the order in the text and type on separate sheets of paper.
• Illustrations: Illustrations should be clearly numbered and legends should be typed on a separate sheet of paper, while each figure should be referred to the text( figure 1,2 etc.)
• Reference: Reference should be selective and keyed in numerical order to the text in Vancouver Style (not alphabetical). Type them double spaced on a separate sheet of paper. Journal references must include author's names, article title, journal name, volume number, page number and year. Book reference must include author's or editor's names, chapter title, book title, edition number, publisher, year and page numbers.
Submission of manuscripts implied that the work described has and not been published before (except in the form of on abstract or as part of published lectures, review or thesis) and it is not under consideration for publication else where, and if accepted, it will not be published else where in the same form, in either the same or another language without the comment of copyright holders. The copyright covers the exclusive rights of reproduction and distribution, photographic reprints, video cassettes and such other similar things. The views/opinions expressed by the authors are their own. The journal bears no responsibility what so ever. The editors and publishers can accept no legal responsibility for any errors, omissions or opinions expressed by authors. The publisher makes no warranty, for expression implied with respect to the material contained therein. The journal is edited and published under the directions of the editorial board/review panel who reserve the right to reject any material without giving explanations. All communications should be addressed to the Editor. No responsibility will be taken for undelivered issues due to circumstances beyond the control of the publishers.
Books for review
Books and monographs will be reviewed based on their relevance to SPIK readers. Books should be sent to the Editor and will become property of SPIK.
Article publication charges
There are no article publication charges for JSPIK. If the author wishes for print, processing fee shall be levied for hard copies of the journal depending upon the number of reprints asked for.
Free distribution for all the members of the SPIK.
Inland Subscription for non members and institutions : Rs. 1000 per issue, Rs. 3000 for 1 Year, Rs. 6000 for 2 years, Rs. 7500 for 3 years
Address for communication
Dr. Sameera G Nath, Editor JSPIK, Reader, Department of Periodontics, KMCT Dental College, Manassery, Kozhikode 673602, Kerala, India